Jelly soaps are so much fun and kids love them. They are jiggly, sparkly soapy fun!
Cool down phase ingredients:
25ml Cocamidopropyl Betaine
1 tsp optiphen (the very high % of glycerin contributes greatly to preservation in this formula)
1 tsp fractionated coconut oil or almond oil or rice bran oil
1/4 tsp essential oil or fragrance oil
1/8 tsp color powder in 1 tsp water and stir until combined
If the recipe does not set add 10% more carrageenan. (Another reason why the shower jelly may not harden could be the mix was not heated to a sufficiently high temperature).
- To color, use dilute your powdered colorant in water. Micas add sparkle to your creation.
- hand stirring can be used. (A stick blender will create lots of foam).
- In an empty container add the glycerin
- Add the carrageenan into the glycerin and mix well
- In a separate pan add distilled or deionized water and heat
- Add the lanthanol into the water whilst mixing and heating using a stick blender
- Add the carrageenan/glycerin mix to the lanthanol/water mix and heat to 200°F/95°C.
- In a separate container combine the cool down phase ingredients, which are: optiphen, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, oil, fragrance
- Let the heated mixture cool to below 140°F/60°C and before it starts to gel, add color and stir
- Add the cool down phase ingredients, stir
- Pour into preferable silicone molds or an ice cube mold
- Let the shower jelly cool and set before unmoulding
- Have fun!